Saturday, August 22, 2009

Body Composition Monitor w/ Scale


... I was excited to get this scale. It's my first scale that does more than tell you how much you weigh. I don't really have a way to tell how accurate the weight reading is. But I do know that it's consistent. I've tried all sorts of different tests: Weighing myself multiple times, recalibrating the scale each time, weighing myself with shoes, then without shoes, then weighing the shoes to see if me + shoes = me wearing shoes, etc. etc. The numbers always seem to come out the way they should.

The same goes for the other readings - I have no way of knowing how accurate they are. But across a few days, resting metabolism varies by no more than 10-15 calories, skeletal muscle and body fat stay within 1%, visceral fat is always the same number, and BMI only varies slightly with day-to-day weight changes.

It's been a little under three weeks so far with the scale, so I haven't really had it long enough to see a significant trend forming based on my recent exercise regimen. But being able to see all of those values really keeps your behavior in check. Every time you see one of the values change for the better, it helps to renew your resolve. I've got a lot of room to improve, and I think this scale is really going to help me maintain my focus.

In my opinion, it's worth more than what I paid for it. I only wish (manufacturers, take note!) that there was more you could do with the memory function. It keeps 90 days worth of data for each user profile, but you can only view today, yesterday, last week, last month, and 90 days ago. I'd like to see a little USB port in there where you could put a memory stick and it would download a CSV or other delimited text file containing your history. It would be a simple matter to import the file into a spreadsheet application to view charts and graphs of your progress. ...
Check Amazon Price and Read More Reviews on Body Composition Monitor w/ Scale